Here are some simple tips:
1) Use Publix instead of a florist and cake designer.
2) Be your own DJ by mixing CDs, maybe have a younger cousin be in charge of the music to make sure the right songs play at the appropriate time.
3) Keep your guest limit small, this is your special day and even though you are trying to share it with family and friends, make it an intimate affair, your guests should all be people that you know fairly well.
4) Buy your wedding gown on sale or check craigslist.
5) Delegate, delegate, delegate. Get your maid of honor, mom, and future mother-in-law involved.
6) Give yourself plenty of time to plan, the less rush you are in, the less stressful the planning will be.